Monday, February 01, 2010

January Quilting Accomplishments

This is the first month I've actually accomplished all of the goals I had set for myself.
My January Goals included:
Crazy Eights Tablerunner - DONE!
Quilt Jenn's quilt - DONE!
Run-around Bag - DONE!
Western Boots quilt (Range Riders) - DONE!

I also finished the Crown Royal quilt. With any luck I should be able to give it to my brother this weekend.
I made 6 snowball blocks done for the snowball/9 patch quilt along.
I made 3 fancy project bags and then added 2 more fancy project bags. Jenn and I now have fancy UFO bags!
I participated in the Valentine Sewing Party and made the Toast Points tablerunner out of Candy Kiss fabric from the Atkinson Designs book, Let's Do Lunch!
I spent countless hours basting all my hexigons for the tabletopper I'm making using English Paper piecing and the L'Amour fabric Jenn's sent me. I'm not sure I'll finish it in time for Valentine's Day, but it provides me hours of enjoyable sewing when I can't be near my machine, so I'm okay with slowly finishing it.
Quilted the Giraffe Quilt for mom.
Made 6 blocks for my Siggy quilt from the retreat.
Started making a baby bag in blue/green/gold.
Received an awesome care package from Jen!
Fabric City opened in The Sewing Center building!
I taught Fast & Furious Quilt as you go baby quilt and Professional Tote classes and my first Janome Basics class.
I bought 3 yards in Jan. and used 21.75 yards, finished 3 UFO's, and had 100 quilting hours!

My goals for February include:
ND Baby Bag
Finish Siggy Quilt
8 Project Bags
6 9 Patch blocks
Zoo Baby Quilt

I'm hoping to finish 2 UFO's per month and so far so good! February is shaping up to be a very good month. I'm having a big birthday celebration and

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad you're loving your hexagons!!