Thursday, February 25, 2010

Siggy Quilt Tops Finished

February is quickly coming to a close, so I've been focusing hard on accomplishing my goals. One of my big goals was to finish my signature quilt top. Last night I worked on it for several hours until I was able to get the math to come out right. I'm happy with how it turned out, though it's a lot bigger than I anticipated. It came out at 48" square. I plan to hang it in my sewing studio where there is a big open wall. It will remind me of my quilt retreat friends. I also prepped the  backing fabric. I was going to use the emblem fabric, but didn't have enough, so this one will have the white that is on the front.


IMG_0728
After I finished the first top, I still had the other panel left and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I was inspired by the modern siggy swap going on, so I made the same blocks and outlined the panel. It didn't come out perfect, but I'm happy with it. I decided to add the triangles in the two corners to make it look like the ribbons are going out. What do you think? Does it make the quilt? What would you do?  I plan to quilt this as soon as I play with my new machine a bit and get comfy with it. I'm so excited that I got two siggy quilt tops out of the fabric I bought on retreat. I plan to have my quilty friends here sign this one when it's all done. I will use the Keep On Quilting emblem fabric for the back of this one.
IMG_0724


3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay! It's so cool. What a great way to remember a great time. Wish I had thought to do a siggy quilt (pout). Love it, Moneik

piecesofpatti said...

I remember that one........so cool!

Jen said...

They both turned out great!!