Thursday, February 18, 2010

Zoo Animals Baby Quilt

I'm finally finished with the first Zoo Animals baby quilt. This quilt has been a long time in the making. I picked up the panel back in April while at quilt retreat, then Jen sent me a fat quarter bundle to play with. I went to play with it and realized the panel was cut off. When mom and I were in Sioux Falls for Quilts and Vines, I picked up a couple more panels, another backing fabric, and decided to make 2 quilts. I cut both out in August. Then I put it away, waiting for a new baby to come along that I wanted to make it for. I finished the top last week and planned to quilt it last weekend, but it kind of got away from me. I finally quilted it Monday night and put the binding on. Tuesday and Wednesday I hand sewed the binding down and last night I put the label on it. It's now ready to be sent to the new baby of my friend Erin.
IMG_0695
Here are a couple close ups of the quilting.
IMG_0698
IMG_0699
And the label I put on last night. The quilt is finally done and ready to be gifted!
IMG_0697


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The quilt looks great. I love that panel and the brights.

piecesofpatti said...

You are making some really cute things.......of course you always do!

Happy Sewing!