Monday, June 08, 2009

BHQG Annual Show

This weekend was the annual Black Hills Quilters Guild show. There were some truly amazing pieces of art in the show. I had to work Sat. at the show, but we closed early and all went to the awards banquet together. They had a slide show of all the quilts, so I got to see them before I got to the show. Sunday morning I went to the show and walked around saw the quilts and enjoyed the vendors.
This was by far my favorite! I love Storm at Sea and have every intention of doing one this year, maybe notlike this, but it's my inspiration.
IMG_0009
This one reminded me of all my scrappy blogging friends.

IMG_0015
This is the inspiration for my One Block Wonder. It was the first one I had seen in person, back in Jan. at the quilt retreat and have wanted to try it ever since. Carol was in one of my classes and she was working on the machine quilting on it.
IMG_0020
This is similar to the wolf one I'm doing, only my background is purple. I think I've found the initiative to pull it out and work on it again. At the show they had 5 packs of aurifil thread to quilt it with, but since I didn't know if mine was the same, I passed on it.
IMG_0024
This one was taken just for Regina. The colors were so much brighter in person.
IMG_0039
This one was just cool! Some said it was creepy, but I thought it was inspiring. All the stations of the cross, made and quilted by a man.
IMG_0059
This one was thread painted. Very incredible!
IMG_0074
A Lone Star version, with a Laurel Birch Secret Jungle in it. Truly an artists masterpiece with all the sparkles on it.
IMG_0079
For more pictures from the show...


Quilt Show

3 comments:

Regina said...

OOh - I took turtle pictures at my quilt show, too!!! Great quilts - and all so very different!

Jennifer said...

Wow, looks like a great show and that Storm at Sea is unbelievable!

Jen said...

LOVE the storm at sea. Are we going to do this one together at some point?