Monday, June 08, 2009

Gifties from my Peeps!

Tonight I arrived home to a big package! I was so excited to open it and see what was inside. Sherry had sent me the awesome creative grids ruler with hearts on it and the iron cover. I had to try it out tonight and it works great! Jen had sent along the waterbottle cover and fat quarters and binding for my baby quilt that I got at retreat. Although I knew it was coming, it was still a surprise, so I really enjoyed it. Thanks Sherry and Jen!
IMG_0105
I finally got around to taking pictures of my quilt show purchases as well. I got three new patterns, one uses grommets, so I got a package to try. I also liked the idea of the tukawy tote, so picked up the pattern. The book bag on the left was more like a purse in the booth, so I'm planning to make it really soon. I also got some new button head pins and a magnetic pin cushion, since they were on sale at Hancock's.
IMG_0106
Paul's first day at his new job went really well. He thinks he's going to really enjoy working with other people and a bigger company. Today he was demoing dorm rooms at the local university. It was so nice to see a big smile on his face and he wanted to go shopping tonight! Score one for me, I got new plates for our anniversary and hampers. After a year, it's the simple things that make me the happiest!
My friend Jenn and hubby Jake had their little boy Wyatt last week, so sending best wishes out to them on their new little bundle of joy! Time to get busy on a little boy baby gift. This one might have to be a start to finish project.

3 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Nice gifts, nicer peeps! Great patterns. More to add to the UFO list!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love that iron cover. I need to figure out how to make one of those! Glad Paul liked his first day! Hope it stays that way!

Jen said...

Dang it!! I totally forgot about your RWB fabric. It's a good thing there's always care packages to send!!