Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Clownin Around Baby Quilt II

When I was at quilt retreat I made the Triple Treat Petite baby quilt top from the Happy Hour book. I had some extra blocks, so I cut them in half and put them together like the tablerunner in the book. I had originally thought it would work well as a changing mat since it was so small. Once I got home and put the borders on the first quilt, it was huge, but I had some strips of the borders left over. I decided to put them on this small quilt and see how it turned out. Last night I was just going to put the borders on... well somehow I had lots of motivation. I put the borders on, got the batting and backing out, changed the settings on my machine, and put it on the frame. I spent about 2 hours last night quilting loops on it. It's 39x46, so a bit smaller than I normally make baby quilts, but the perfect size for a baby quilt. I have to pick up a bit more binding fabric and it will get that tonight and I'll work on the binding in the car tomorrow.
IMG_0120
I used a King Tut verigated with primary colors and lime green bottomline. It turned out so cute and so lightweight. I used a Hobbs Thermore batting which is very lightweight. This will be a great summer quilt for a new baby I know. Since it comes in a queen size, I'll have enough to use in the flannel baby quilt that I'm making with the quilt as you go method.
IMG_0121

1 comment:

piecesofpatti said...

I love the baby quilt! It is so bright and happy! Good job!