Friday, June 05, 2009

Professional Tote Half Done

If you've ever taught a class, you know the best way to learn something is to teach it yourself. Mom and I have been teaching a class for the past two weeks on making the Professional Tote. We had 10 in the class and last week everyone got to where the outer part of the bag is made, so Wed. night I whipped this one up and didn't have to read the directions and had it ready to show at class last night. Then I showed everyone how to make their sides, and linings, and while they were busy, I finished up the outer part of the bag in half the time, no directions for me, and got the center pocket done. I still have the side pockets and lining to do, but I'm so pleased with how far I got. I think it's so much easier to do something after you've shown several people how to do it. They didn't get quite done, but far enough along to "admire" their outer bag. So here's a picture to admire of the outer part of the tote I'm making for Jen.
IMG_0008
Mom and I are going to enjoy some of the quilt show festivities tonight and then if it's not too late I hope to get this finished up tonight and show it tomorrow at strip club. The girls in the class loved the colors and I know Jen will too, since she's only made 3 or 4 items out of the fabrics.
The Black Hills Quilt Show is this weekend at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. The shop has a booth there, so it's going to be a busy weekend and we're all going to the banquet together Sat. night.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ooooo I'm so excited!!!! Its turning out great!