Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sweet Escape Tablerunner

The Sweet Escape tablerunner took priority this weekend, since I need to get it to the store as a sample for my class coming up in April. I put the blocks together and half of the top on Friday night. Today I was able to finish up the top and get it quilted. I made continous bias binding which went together very quick and easy, though I don't think it was really necessary for this tablerunner. The runner calls for a charm pack, but I used a layer cake, so I have a lot of charms left!
IMG_0852
Here's a closeup of the tablerunner/quilting. I used a plum verigated King Tut on top and plum Bottom Line in the bobbin. The top picture shows the true color better, the center and background are a deap cream/tan color.
IMG_0853
The tablerunner is from the On the Run book by Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures. The fabric is Essence by Sandy Gervais for Moda. It's one of my favorite fall lines.

No comments: