Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This year Mother's Day was rather bittersweet for me. It was my first as a mother, but first also without my mom. My aunt Jane invited Mikaela and I to ride along to Mitchell to visit my great aunt Mildred. We surprised my great aunt and she really enjoyed our visit. She's 87 and lives in an assisted living.
Mildred & Mikaela 007
My Aunt Jane and Mikaela.
Mildred & Mikaela 008
We stayed at a motel and Mikaela got to go swimming for the first time. She really enjoyed it! Her red cheek is where her carseat cover rubbed on the trip down.
Mildred & Mikaela 018
On Sunday my Great Aunt Mae came to visit her sister Mildred, so we got a picture with her and Mikaela.
Mildred & Mikaela 029
Mildred just really enjoyed holding her.
Mildred & Mikaela 042
Mikaela loves the floor and spent time playing on her new minkee blanket. She got a new onesie, just for Mother's Day.
Mildred  & Mikaela 002
Paul surprised me by getting me a pedicure which I really enjoyed! He also made a huge meal for when we got home, including T-Bone steaks, corn on the cob, and oriental vegetables.  Mikaela and I really enjoyed our weekend trip. We even got a stop in at The Pin Cushion in Mitchell. It's a fun little quilt shop and I found a fun fabric measuring panel for Mikaela.

No comments: