Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Tonic Sol Fa

Paul and I jam packed this weekend with lots of fun and friends. Friday night we went to his company Christmas party. It was a great meal, fun games, and lots of laughs. There were several prizes given away and the wives each got a nice ornament. I got to meet several of the guys he works with and talks about all the time, so now I have a face to go with a name.
Saturday morning we were up early and headed to Sioux Falls. We did a bit of shopping and had lunch before heading out to our friends Nich and Jon's house. Our other friends Cory and Angie met us there and we all went out to eat in Sioux Falls at Grille 26. It was phenomenal! We had some time to spare, so we went to see the lights at Falls Park. Then we all went to the Tonic Sol Fa concert at the Pavillion. It was a great concert and we all enjoyed it. We had seen them in concert before, so it was fun to get together and go again. Angie, Nich, and I used to go each year when they were anywhere close to Brookings.
Sunday morning we visited for a couple hours before leaving. It was wonderful to visit with friends and spend time just relaxing. We got to play with Mason, Jon & Nich's son, a bit too. It was a nice, enjoyable, relaxing weekend. We arrived home about 6:30, so not real late compared to the last few weeks.
This week I'm working on custom quilts for Christmas gifts. I got the first baby quilt done last night and have been working on the hand work today. They are coming together nicely. The customer I'm making them for will be back home the 18th, so I'm trying to have them done by then. I cut out a Christmas quilt too last night, but don't know that I'll get it done before Christmas. We'll have to see how much time I have. I'm teaching Lickity Split baby quilt tonight, unless the weather gets worse. So far it's just snowing and if you slow down it's not bad. Too many people were driving too fast today and there were several in the ditch.

100 Blocks 100 Days ~ 221 Blocks/ Day 86

2 comments:

Sue H said...

I've seen Tonic Sol Fa at the MN State Fair -- we love them! They are so talented.

Jenn Boerger said...

Sounds like fun! I've only seen them once, in college, but they were awesome! And what a fun trip visiting friends.