Last night I quickly quilted up this wall hanging and put the binding on it so I would have a Christmas wall hanging for my office. I'd been meaning to get it done for past couple months, but it just never happened. I put it together on Friday night... it kept me up till 1:30AM! I love how it turned out and the red/green/tan King Tut thread was awesome to work with. I used red Bottomline in the bobbin. It went so quickly and I got about half the binding hand sewn down at breaks and lunch today. I have enough leftovers to make a tablerunner, but I don't know if I'll get it done or not.
After I finished quilting and binding the wall hanging, I was able to square up the OBW. Apparently I cut the side borders wider than the top and bottom, but I was able to just cut off the sides since the top and bottom were correct. I had been missing the black binding fabric that matched the borders. I had 3 different blacks and I had used one for the OBW, one was an extra good quality black, and the other was the black for the Crown Royal quilt. I knew the black for the CR quilts was in the bag with them, I could find the extra black, but I couldn't for the life of me find the OBW one. I finally decided to check the CR bag and it was in there! It must have gotten set in there when I had both at my parents last weekend. It may have been my nimble fingered niece, who loves to play with fabric!
Only 2 days left until we leave for Sioux Falls to see Tonic Sol Fa! I'm so looking forward to seeing my college friends and having a fun weekend. I love TSF and have seen them 8 or 9 times in concert and have most of their CD's.
100 Blocks 100 Days ~ Blocks/ Day