Monday, December 14, 2009

One Block Wonder Finished!!

The One Block Wonder that I have been working on since May is finally finished! I quilted it over the Thanksgiving weekend and put the binding on, but it's taken me a while to get the binding handstitched down. I worked on it last weekend when we went to Sioux Falls, for about 3 hours down and 2+ hours back and still had to stitch the label on. Friday during lunch I finished stitching down the label, so now it's completely done! I took these pictures of it in my office, so they are a bit dark and the desk gets in the way a bit, but it'll give you a better idea of how it looks. The borders are wide since my MIL wanted it to be queen sized and I tried to oblige just as much as I could for the fabric I had available.
IMG_0428
IMG_0425
Friday night I went to a friends house where she hosted the most awesome gift wrapping party. It was lots of fun to see what others bought for their families and use a variety of wrapping paper. We had lots of snacks and hot apple cider. She has a beautiful home and it was so relaxing. This is one of the presents that got wrapped. We're hoping to get our tree up tonight and get it decorated.
I was able to get the last baby quilt, quilted this weekend and the binding on it. I just have the handsewing and label left, so it should be done mid week. I finished the top of the Figgy Pudding quilt and got the borders on it too, so I hope to quilt it this week. We got a new addition to our home this weekend, so I hope to have pictures later this week to share.



100 Blocks 100 Days ~ Blocks/ Day

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Awesome quilt! You better bring that one with you when we get together. I'm thinking it might disappear and find a new home in Michigan....sorry! Just awesome!

piecesofpatti said...

What a beautiful quilt! Fantastic job!

Jenn Boerger said...

Beautiful quilt - I'm sure it will be loved! What is this new addition? Where are the pix?! =)