Monday, April 13, 2009

Star Block

I'm working on star blocks for a couple friendship quilts. I need to make 4 RWB blocks, preferably stars. While mom was helping me pack my stuff for retreat yesterday, she helped me design this block from a picture in the quilt pink book. The problem we had was getting the half square triangles to be the right size. Once I got it made it's only 10.5", so I started over and made another one, only it turned out 16"+, so I have to start over again. I think I'll look for patterns online today.
Star Block 001

3 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Be sure to check out "Quilter's Cache"...

Jen said...

Without a doubt go to quilters cache or look in carol doaks 9 patch stars, those are super quick ones!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Do what others do and add a border to get it to the right size. That works nicely!