Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mom's Friendship Quilt

Many years ago when mom and I first started quilting, she joined the Wall Quilt Guild with my grandma. They would go to classes and meetings twice a month. It was their mother/daughter time each month. The guild hosts a quilt show, classes or retreat every year. The first 2 quilting classes I took were at the Wall Quilt Show and I learned a lot. That was 7 years ago! When I moved to RC, I joined the guild, but wasn't real active because they meet during the day. Mom and I attended their retreat a couple years ago and had a great time. The friends she made through the guild are very special. Last week the guild members presented mom with a special friendship quilt they had made for her. Each heart shaped block is a pocket and they all have a special message, note, or symbol from the members. It's so pretty and delicate.

IMG_0203

No comments: