Saturday, April 04, 2009

Happy Blogoversary to Me! & Blizzard Day #5

Happy Blogoversary to me! I started this blog in April of 2005 when I was teaching in the middle of nowhere. I had gone to the state English teachers conference and blogging was a new and upcoming thing at that time. I blogged through the end of the year and I had several of my favorite students who also blogged. They all quit when they went to college as far as I know. I moved over to the quilt blogging site, but moved back here when that site was going downhill. I can't believe how much I enjoy blogging and the great friends I have made. In just 2.5 weeks I'll be meeting my closest blogging friends for the first time. I'm so excited!
Today I was scheduled to work at the shop. The first Sat. of the month is Strip Club and a very busy day. I was also going to do the presentation with M... So we were doing an M & M theme. This morning we got another blizzard, the 5th day I haven't worked in two weeks! So it was postponed until next weekend.
I had gotten up at 6:30AM to finish the quilting on the quilt I was working on. I really wanted to show it at strip club, so I finished it, took it off the frame, and promptly found 2 rows where the quilting tension was bad. So I took them out, put it back on the frame and re-quilted. I cut out the binding tonight, but am too tired to put it on, so I think I'll work on that tomorrow. So I relaxed, watched movies, and enjoyed the day.
Paul went out and plowed for a good 2.5 hours tonight and got it so he can get out in the morning to go plow snow.

5 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Congratulations, Moneik! Since 2005? That is AMAZING!

(BTW - I am so jealous that you are meeing everyone at the retreat. I know you will have a fabulous time!)

Nichole said...

Congrats on your anniversary - I know how much you are looking forward to your trip! We finally got some snow out here...I would have liked a bit more but I'll take what we got :).

Jen said...

Happy blogoversary, happy blog o versary, happy blog o versary, happy blogoversary...yeah it's better sung I guess.

I'm soooo dang excited, I can't even stand it!!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your blog! I've been reading for a little under a year now and I enjoy what you share with us! I can't believe you are still getting blizzards, although I think the snow is headed our way tonight!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Congrats!! Hope you had a great day

Heather