Monday, August 04, 2008

Friendship Block

My blogging friends and I are making blocks for a friendship quilt I will put together at the end of the month. I made the SD star from Carol Doaks book. I was happy with how it turned out until the very last step of joining the blocks. When I couldn't get the whites to match up I finally gave up and called it my best effort. This was a little challenging as there were over 100 pieces in the final block. I hadn't done paper piecing in a while, but it all came back to me quickly.
013

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow!! That is beautiful!!! I love that block, I'm not sure if I would have even attempted it with that many pieces!
Kristie

Luv to quilt said...

I think your Block is beautiful .I love it

Suzan said...

Is EVERYBODY changing their blog page?! LOL!!

Love the block. If I had been doing it, I know I would have said many bad words!

Gina said...

That's beautiful.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amelia said...

Very pretty!

I really like the blog page layout.

Amelia

Michelle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that block! So pretty! What an awesome quilt it will be!

Carol VR said...

Wow, that's alot of pieces. It looks great!!!