Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm done with 3 days to go!

I honestly can't believe I am done making Christmas presents. I really thought I would be finishing tonight at Sit & Sew. Last night when I got home I started sewing the backing to the front to make a binding on my brothers fleece blanket. That's what he wanted for Christmas. A really wide and long one. I hope it is big enough for him. I had to be creative in my fabric use, so I had to add some borders and do it differently than just putting to pieces of fleece together. It's in the washer, so I'll have to take a picture this weekend before I wrap it or when I give it to him. So I was celebrating being done when I realized I don't know what my next project will be! I have two ideas, a gift bag from the Lazy Girl blog would make a nice little addition to a gift, so I gathered some fabrics that might work. Then I decided maybe I should start working on the quilts for the bridesmaids. I have had the fabric longer than we've been engaged, but just have had too many things to make, so I haven't started. I decided tonight was the night to start, so I have them in a bag with the pattern. Hopefully i can at least get them all cut out. I have a plan for the evenings next week. I want to finish quilting my b/w quilt so it is done this year, but since it is so big I don't want to take it to S&S. I have three sides left, so I'm hoping with two weekends and some evenings, maybe I can get it done. We'll just have to see what happens. Tomorrow Paul wants to go shopping for his mom and then I think we are going to decorate the tree on Sun. and Monday we are having company for Christmas Eve. We'll leave early Tues. morning to go to my parents for the day. It should be a busy few days, but it will be so nice to have a 4 day weekend. It is so quiet around work today that I had to put a Christmas CD on just to stop from going crazy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow your already done? I really don't need to make anything more but I want to.. So it really doesn't matter if I get it done. I almost finished an apron for mom but can't find my rick rack.. hmm.. Can't wait to see your pictures

Cindy said...

Wow you're done way to go. I'm not but it doesn't matter I'm going to give two people the fabric and then take it back and finish the projects. Once I get my cleaning done if I have time I can sew a little more hopefully.

Kristie said...

I sure bet you are happy to be finished. Can't wait to see your new quilt!!!
Kristie

Cindy Larson said...

Boy, that's a pretty tree skirt! It's Christmas eve and we are home again and I'm working on my last quilted gift :0) Now, if only I could start gifts for next year a little earlier:0)

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a great christmas. Lots of quilty goodies. I got some goodies for my kitties from Santa (mom and dad) they loved it (a new center for their scratch toy) and some other toys.. smiles.. sorry to here that you were a little wiped out and that you didn't get the boots you wanted.. you should check sheplers online I got an email saying that they are having an after christmas sale. If you can wait a couple of months I could probably hit up the sheplers outlet in Colorado.

Heather

Jen said...

Sigh, I'm STILL not done.