Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Year of Lovely Finishes March Goal Met - SWOON


My Button
My March goal for A Year of Lovely Finishes was to finish Swoon - A project I have been working on since March of 2010. In my goal post I simply wanted to get Swoon quilted. It took me two trips to my dad's house, but I was able to get it quilted.

Untitled
I used a wool batting and a creamy white Aurifil 2024 to quilt it. I used a wool batting and a extra wide white backing fabric.
Untitled
It quilted up beautifully. I only had about a foot that the tension went askew when I changed the bobbin, but that was easily fixed. I put the binding on Sunday night and was able to work on the hand sewing on Monday and Tuesday during breaks at work.
Untitled
I washed it up and it's all crinkly, just how wool batting is supposed to look. I am in love with this quilt! This goal was kind of a stretch for me since I was working on the last class for my masters degree, but I successfully finished both! I am so proud to have it done and plan to enter it in the quilt show in June.
Untitled

4 comments:

The Thompsons said...

It's beautiful!! What a wonderful finish!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your swoon. I am swoon stalking currently!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Such a beauty! Love your fabric choices.

Barb in Mi said...

Congrats on a fabulous finish!