Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Fabulous Weekend of Finishes

February seemed to be lacking for finishes, so this weekend I looked around to see what I could finish. After a stressful week of work and class, it was so nice to spend Friday night with friends. We worked on charity quilts for Outlaw Ranch. These blocks were our progress for a couple hours worth of work. Thanks to Gaila we had an amazing meal and an awesome dessert.
Untitled
Saturday Mikaela and I sewed together. We were going to make a dress and pants, but I lost the pants pattern, so we just made the dress. It turned out pretty cute and she was very excited. I've now found the pants pattern, so we can make those next weekend.
Untitled
Since it was the end/beginning of a new month I cleaned up my sewing table and reorganized.
Untitled
I made Missy a new collar. Not nearly as cool as the one Jen made, but it will serve the purpose.
Untitled
I got several hours to work on my free-motion sampler. I had such a rhythm going on Sat. night that I even tore a section out and re-did it. It's hard to photograph since I did tone on tone. It' more about the stitching than the color.
Untitled
I finished up my Barbados bag. I really like it and can't wait to use it more often.
Untitled
The back is almost as cool as the front. I really like the size of it.
Untitled
Sunday night I worked on quilting the last Friendship Swap Quilt block into a table topper. I used the same binding, so they will look good together. I am extremely pleased with how this turned out and it will look nice with the wall hanging when I hang it at work.
Untitled
Mathew was so smiley this weekend. He is getting in his 4th tooth on the bottom and 8th overall. We spent the entire weekend at home since it was below zero for a high all weekend. The kids played in the tent and just had fun. I loved that I got some good sewing time in. I worked on a few other projects, but these are the finishes.
Untitled

No comments: