Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Productive Sewing Week

This week has been extremely productive. I've finished so many projects and it feels great to be getting stuff marked off my to do list.
Saturday night the kids went down early after a busy day, so I got lots of time to sew. I made this beach bag for our camping/swimming trip we are taking in July. It's a free pattern from our Club Sew group.
Untitled
I lined it with vinyl, but since it is clear with the flip flops, I put a dotted lining with it. This worked out really well and using the walking foot, I didn't even baste. It went together so fast!
Untitled
I had this lefover vinyl, so a bag for swim suits with a zipper. It's about 10"x14"
Untitled.
Then I had black thread on the machine, so I put on the borders of my star quilt. I had it appliqued to the background already.
Untitled
I started these little mini sewing bags since the black was on the machine and got them almost done Sat. night. I just had to zig zag and cut the corners on Sunday and they were done! They turned out super cute and with no pattern, just leftover fabric scraps, they turned out pretty good. I plan to put my sewing stuff in mine since my other one is over flowing.
Untitled
Sunday night I went in the crawl space (where my not used real often quilting supplies are) and found the 1 piece of black batting I own. I knew it was craft size and would work great for this quilt. I spray basted it and quilted around the star Sunday night. I needed some inspiration on how to quilt it, so I left it until Monday night after the kids went to bed. I used the Bernina 730 with a walking foot and quilted around the star background with 1/2" marks. The dark star points are echo quilted at 1/4". and the dark point is a circle around.
Untitled
A close up of the background and star quilting.
Untitled
The center star quilting is echoed.
Untitled
The border is quilted at 1" I'm thinking I may go and add in 1/2" increments to it. What would you do? The quilt is about 22"x24". The border is 3". I have the binding and hanging sleeve sewn on and am working on the hand sewing. I plan to have this done on Sat. to show at "The Party" aka our shop preview party.
Untitled
Since I'm almost done with the star quilt, I really need another paper piecing project to work on, since I only have 4 others to work on right now. Note the sarcasm.... I went and bought fabric to do an EPP quilt along. It uses a background and three different colors families. I chose the background and blue, green, & purple to go with it. I can't wait to start this quilt along with my friends. Time to finish up a few other projects so I can start on it.
Untitled


No comments: