So far June has been a very busy month and I haven't gotten a chance to do a whole lot of sewing. I have been working on my star quilt and had 4 spools of aurifil thread in my travel sewing bag. I took it to a work party in a bigger bag and had a bottle for Mathew in the bag. His bottle leaked and spilled all over my sewing bag. So needless to say I had breast milk all over my thread, English paper pieced star, and all my sewing supplies. Most of it washed up and I let the thread dry. So far it doesn't seem to have any issues. I wasn't sure whether to rinse it and risk getting too much moisture in it or just let it dry natural and see how the milk stained. I don't think it ruined it. In the picture the bottom half is wet from the milk.
I did take the time last Saturday to make this bag for myself. The pocket actually matches much better than in the picture. I love how big and supportive this bag is and I might just have to make another for the kids.
I've been working on this star quilt for more than a month and finally got it appliqued down this week. I was working on it at a family reunion this weekend and someone used it for their bloody Mary coaster. I was livid, but after having breast milk on it, I'm not sure much else could hurt it. It's going to have a long story to tell when it is done. I now need to add the borders and quilt it.