Thursday, June 27, 2013

Super Sewing Week

This has been such a productive week! Monday night I finished quilting the star quilt and finished the hand work on the binding and hanging sleeve. It just needs to be washed and blocked now.
Last week I made this Ballerina baby quilt by Jaybird Quilts as a sample for the store. It turned out really cute and other than having the "wrong" ruler, I was able to cut it out and sew it up in a few evenings. I had a 60* ruler, but it was smaller than the size recommended. I only have 4 60* rulers and I know one would have worked better, but I used the smaller one and made it work.
Quilt 2013-06-23 006
Tuesday night I paper pieced these bright Dancing Star quilt blocks for Jodi for our friendship block swap. It's been a while since I did paper piecing, but I love the percision of it.
This week I also pieced Ahhhh #22, Diamond Engagement
Last night I pieced blocks for Emilee for the Friendship block swap. They turned out okay, but I'm trying to bond with the Bernina 730 and I struggled a bit. So I made her an extra just in cases. I think she'll find room in her quilt for the messed up one if it works. I'm almost caught up, just have Jenn's to make now. I have them all cut out and ready to piece. If we stay home tonight, I might get them done.

No comments: