This week has been awesome so far. I've felt more productive in the last few days than in the last month. I finished up making these wine glass shades for my wine glasses. I have them on a metal stand and they are the perfect way to make them look pretty.
I also started on my hexi tablerunner. It's growing nicely, but getting almost too big to carry with me back and forth. I started with the first three rows and then it will grow from there.
This is the chevron baby quilt I made with 5" scrap squares and background fabric. I love how it turned out. Tuesday night I loaded it on the frame and quilted it. I even got the binding on and used up some scraps in the process. I finished just as storm blew in and I had to unplug my machine.
A close up of the quilting. I did really random zigs and zags and squares and other assorted geometric shapes. I really just did a free for all type quilting. I have never done this before and it was different, but that is what I wanted with this quilt. It's a sample for a class I'll be teaching in August. I used an aqua Aurifil on both the top and bottom and thermore for batting.
Another close up of the quilting.
I also made a list of quilt stuff I need to get done. I have 8 blocks for a friendship block exchange to make, so I pulled all the patterns, made a shopping list, and have them all ready to go. I plan to cut them out at lunch today and get started sewing tonight. I also made a list of bags I want to make and I think I can work on those this weekend. I made a "To Be Quilted" list as well in case I get a marathon quilting session in, I'll be ready. My last list was of quilts I have made in the last year that can be entered in the fair. I have at least 11 I still have that can be put in the fair. I think I'll start gathering them in one spot so I don't forget any.