Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Limited Quilting

I spent a very limited time quilting and sewing the last part of August. I was gone every weekend and didn't get much time in the evenings to sew. I've really started to notice my funk, so I took some time to make a diaper clutch for my friends Jon and Nich and their son Mason. Nichole had seen mine when we stayed with them before and loved it, so I wanted to give her one. They loved it!
Quilt 076
I also quilted this quilt for my Aunt Mae. It turned out pretty though I had a lot of problems with gathering at the end. I think it had to do with the polyester batting as it didn't lay as nicely as warm and natural does.
Quilt 080
I just love the colors and ended up with a orange/brown/green/black verigated King Tut thread that looked great on it.
Quilt 085
I just did a simple stipple on it.
Quilt 086
So glad I got to do a bit of quilting, but looking forward to doing more in Sept. when quilting season officially begins again!

No comments: