Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Teal & Brown Simple Day at the Lake Quilt

This week I've been working on a quilt from a pattern called Simple Day at the Lake. I decided to make it bigger, so I included a few more fat quarters. I had it all cut out and about half the blocks done. Tonight I finished the rest of the blocks and sewed them all together. Now it gets a solid border and then a squares border. I picked up this fat quarter pack in OH, but the offwhite really shows up in the picture.
IMG_0363
This is one of my favorite batik lines. I'm hoping to get it to at least a double size so we can use it on our bed. I'll probably quilt it with a verigated teal/brown.
After I got this far, I quit for the night on this quilt. I worked on spray basting a sweatshirt to some fabric so I can quilt it to make jackets. I'm hoping to get them done by next weekend, but we'll see if I can get them on the frame yet this week or not.


8 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful. Great design, great fabrics, great color.

Love it. Thank you for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

piecesofpatti said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I love the colors! You do such good work! Hey, I have a pattern for sweatshirt jackets that I plan on working on for Christmas gifts, if I can get that far. My list of UFO's and projects is huge! I enjoy your creations!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love it, Moneik! You really have a great eye for fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love those fabrics. It will look great on your bed.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Very Nice! Sorry I haven't gotten to catch up with you and Jen lately. Have been doing alot of sleeping and alot of running to Doctors appts again. The room mate leaves this weekend (FINALLY) and then the house is mine to spread projects all over

Becky said...

Love the materials and the pattern!

Barb said...

That would go great in my dining room! Beautiful

Jen said...

I love these fabrics. I wish I would have bought them but we're just about out of them at my shop.