Monday, August 31, 2009

Winding Ways Book Cover

Saturday when we were shop hopping I found the Winding Ways fabric line by Jennifer Chiaverini. Since I had seen it in OH, I had wanted it. I picked up a half yard not knowing what I was going to do with it. Tonight I opened my fabric cupboard to pull out a fun fabric to make a book cover for the current book I'm reading. I take it back and forth to work and it's a paperback, so I wanted to protect it. This fabric just seemed right, so I quickly made up a book cover and bookmarker while the manicotti I made for supper was cooking. I didn't have a pattern, just measured the book and kind of winged it. I started with a piece the was 1" taller than the book and 6" longer than the outside of the books. In this case it was 9"x17 1/2" x 2 pieces and each side had a layer of decor bond on it.
IMG_0433
After supper I worked on the applique for a baby wall hanging I'm making. I got an email from the mom today about how much Mr. Mason loves the baby quilt, so I want to get the wall hanging done too. I got about half finished before calling it a night. I have some quilting to do tomorrow night, so maybe I can get it quilted too.

3 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

That is so cute! You should do a tutorial for us pattern challenged quilters............. giggle!

Cindy said...

What a great idea for a paperback book. I read all the time and always have a book in progress. I never thought of making a cover for it but now I will and definetly a book mark.

Jen said...

My Mom cracks me up. You realize your book cover caused me to buy 2 additional yards of this fabric, 2 yards of the pink and 2 yards of the green. Sigh, I was envious because my piece wasn't large enough to do that stuff AND still make a bag.