This week I made sweatshirt jackets for mom and I. We had bought the fabric back in Nov. but I just wasn't sure how it was going to work out to quilt it on my frame. I ended up spray basting all the pieces and attaching the fabric and it worked out really well. There was probably more waste, but not as much as I expected. I serged them together and made the binding on Wed. After the rodeo Thurs. night I sewed the binding on to the jackets. Friday morning I got up extra early and sewed the binding down. I threw them in the wash before I went to work and Paul dried them for me. Mom and I wore them on Sat. when we went shop hopping in the southern hills.
The fabric is quilting related. I need to make us bags to match now, but they turned out great and kept us warm all day. I'm glad that I used our shop hop as incentive to get them done.