Monday, August 17, 2009

Prolific Online Quilters Meet

A couple weeks ago Michele B. from Maryland emailed me with a few questions about things to do in the area. We emailed back and forth and I gave her some suggestions. This weekend she arrived in the Black Hills with her family. Daughter Laura saved the day by helping Michele find the shop. It was pouring rain when they arrived, but they were able to spend some time at the shop looking around. It was great to meet Michele for the first time. We are both members of the Prolific Online Quilters group. I hope she has lots of fun on her vacation in the Hills as there is plenty to do.
IMG_0358
When I got home I was exhausted and didn't have much quilting mojo. I just was kind of at a loss for what to work on and I had a huge mess in my studio. Too many things to do and too little time! Finally I settled on working on this wall hanging for Mason's room. I got all the applique pieces put on before calling it a night. I have to pick up thread before I can do the applique stitching.
IMG_0359
When I got home from work last night, Paul gave me this pink rose in the beautiful swan. It's absolutely gorgeous and made my day. He also grilled ribs, made tuscany veggies, and Grieme potatos for supper. It was nice to have a homecooked meal I didn't have to cook.
IMG_0360
See the purple in the picture? It's my new purple rotary cutting mat, to match my new purple tutto for my travel machine. I'm loving the new purple accessories, since Jen made me a bunch of purple bags to go with it all.
After supper I cleaned out my fabric closet. Grandpa made each of us kids a small cabinet which we each still use. In college mine was a food pantry, but now it's my fabric cabinet. I cleaned out all the fabric and put in the newest fabric for projects, as well ast the projects I'm working on. I put all the old fabric that I'm not using in my fabric drawers in the closet. Now I feel like I have my quilting fabrics/projects organized and not stuffed in an overflowing cabinet.
I pulled out the sweatshirts for jackets and plan to work on them this week. I need to pick up some thread and I'll be good to go with the quilting.
I'm hoping to have a great quilting week since I won't be able to do much next week during the fair. A bunch of us girls at the shop all have tickets for every night! Chris Cagle, Heidi Newfield, Rodney Atkins, Dustin Evans, Blake Shelton, three nights of rodeos, and demo derby. I'm skipping the Stix Concert I think.
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Sounds like a lot to do this week! Have a great time!

Linda said...

How wonderful that you and Michele got to meet! You're quite the whirlwind, Moneik. Have fun!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's so cool that you got to meet! We need to have another reunion! I can't wait until we can all get together again!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow Busy Busy! HAve fun! I'm off to therapy again

Jen said...

That's awesome that you guys got to meet!! Your animals look fabulous.