Monday, August 31, 2009

Southern Hills Shop Hop

Saturday my mom and I, along with a friend went on a shop hop to the Southern Black Hills. We hadn't been to any of the shops in a couple years, so it was fun to see each shop. The first shop was The Quilt Shop in Custer, SD. I found so many thing I couldn't leave there! I had seen the Sandy Gervais Thanksgiving line online, but hadn't seen it in any quilt shops until Sat. I picked up the panel and two coordinates.
IMG_0414
I also found this fun Quilters panel. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it's super cute and I'm sure I'll find some way to use it.
IMG_0411
IMG_0413
I also picked up a box of Minkee 5" squares that I plan to use for a baby gift. I also found the Sewline pencil/tracing combo, some Aurifil thread, and the templates to make a Winding Ways quilt. It's on my list of quilts I plan to make next year.
IMG_0410
Then it was on to Edgemont to Nuts & Bolts. It's in a very small town, but it's a great shop and there was so much to look at.
IMG_0398
I picked up a fat quarter packed in a glass. We each got one and then went next door to the soda shop and each got an italian soda. I also picked up a t-shirt and postcards.
IMG_0409
We continued on to Hot Springs to Heart Songs Quilts. It just opened last year, but I loved the outside!
IMG_0406
I found a great panel for making a camping tent for a card table.
IMG_0416
I also found a cool panel for a little boys race car quilt. I have a little boy in mind to make this quilt for, so it will probably get done quickly.
IMG_0418
We had a fun day together and we all found some great things we don't have at our shop.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You got some great stuff. I love the Sandy Gervais line, will have to look for that here!

Cindy said...

What great treasures you found. It's always nice to go to different shops and see what else is out there. Great shopping.

piecesofpatti said...

Good stuff Moneik! Love to shop!