Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom’s Star Quilt

Tonight I loaded mom’s star quilt on the frame and practiced my thread choices a bit. When I had the tension adjusted to my liking, I started quilting away. I knew I had a hitch in my track’s get along, but wasn’t sure how to fix it. Tonight I was able to adjust it and it worked a lot better. It’s not perfect, but it’s way better than before. I used a variegated red/orange/maroon/yellow Rainbows thread on top and an amber gold/orange Bottomline in the bobbin. It’s the first time I have ever had to take out the stitching because the bobbin tension came loose and didn’t have to take out the thread because there was no top tension.  Yeah! This is the first quilt I have really felt comfortable with the tension issues on.  Here’s the finished quilt. It was a kit we had at the store as our co-worker Lu made her sample out of it for the class. I helped Lu pick out the colors for hers and I just love it.

Mom's Star Quilt 002

This is a close up of the quilting. I did a meander all over it.

Mom's Star Quilt 004

This is a very close up picture of the quilting and I can tell my stitch length is getting closer and more consistent. The variegated worked really well with all the colors in this quilt. I wanted to quilt it with lime green, but it would have really stood out.

Mom's Star Quilt 013

1 comment:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Great quilting!