Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Paul's Deer Quilt

This weekend my goal was to get Paul's Deer quilt done. I had the blocks all sashed, so Friday night I cut all the big sashing pieces, and put the entire top together, except for the top and bottom borders. I got up early Sat. morning and put the final borders on, so I could show it to a couple ladies at the shop on Sat. I bought thread and backing and went home Sat. night after work to quilt it. I couldn't believe after I loaded it, that I forgot the thread at work. I had a spool of it, so I started. I got all but the last two inches or so quilted before running out of thread. I finally just decided to cut it off a bit and no one would be the wiser if I hadn't said anything. I'm a bit unhappy with the tension, but I think I finally got that problem figured out.
001
Tonight I finally got a chance to put the binding on it. As soon as it was done, Paul promptly put it on the bed and went to bed, so this is the finished quilt on the bed, already in use. He loves it. I increased the blocks to 8 1/2" squares from the pattern and adjusted accordingly. I have enough to make a second quilt, so someone in my family or friends might get one just like it.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I like it! It turned out VERY nice!

Jen said...

Awwww, he loves it!!! It turned out great. I'm with you I would have hacked off the part without thread too!!!!!!