Monday, March 16, 2009

Loralie Quilted

This quilt has been a long time in the making, literally! I've probably had most of the fabrics for 2+ years. I would collect more each time I went to Sioux Falls and mom would collect too. During quilt retreat in Jan. we both designed a quilt using the panels and accent fabrics. The girls made me sash mine, but because of the red heart sashing, I finally conceded and did sashing. I finished the top at retreat, but had yet to quilt it.
I put a bunch of blocks together for the backing and finished the back Thurs. night. I loaded the quilt Friday night and did a pass, then more on Sat., more on Sun. and I finally finished it tonight. I used Isacord verigated black/gray/ white on top and masterpiece black on the back. I was having lots of tension issues, so finally switched to bottomline on the bottom. In reading Jill's post, I remembered I had black bottomline and then I talked to Jen and she suggested using it. It made all the difference in the world. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I think I'll go back to my King Tut.
007
Here's a bit of the up close quilting.
001

2 comments:

jillquilts said...

I'm not sure what about it isn't good to you, but I think it looks great! Because of the motion of the machine and quilting, it's hard to get an absolute PERFECT tension and balanced stitches through the whole quilt. This looks great!

Jen said...

I think it looks fantastic moneik!!!