Friday, March 20, 2009

Ready for the Weekend!

I'm so ready for the weekend! I've had an incredibly busy week at work and am looking forward to working at my other job tomorrow. Since it's National Quilting Day, we have a special day planned at the store. Tonight I'm hoping to get a bit more done on my quilted tote bag. It's just going so slowly and I want to get it done! I'm also working on a special project for my peeps which I can't reveal yet, but they are coming along nicely. Only 1 month 2 days till quilt retreat!
Paul and I are headed to my parents Sat. night. Sunday we are doing our annual butchering with the whole family. It's going to be a very long day, as we are doing two beef this year. It will be worth it to have several hundred pounds of fresh meat in the freezer for the coming year.

1 comment:

Tina said...

We have more than quilting in common!

We also butcher our own meat. My DH has in the past, and my son is this year - raising chickens, so we will have about 50 chickens to butcher. In January each year, we butcher about 10-12 hogs - a large extended family works together and we get this done in two days. We have butchered beef in the past, but not too often. And we usually do turkeys too!

Our kids were raised in 4-H and FFA, so they always had hogs. We don't raise them ourselves anymore, but my DD's father-in-law keeps them for the grandchildren's 4-H projects, so my 4 year old grandson showed his first hog last year at the county fair. It was so fun to see him!