Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am not a morning person, but Paul and I went to church with my parents at 8 on Easter morning. The priest started the sermon with Happy New Year! I may be a little tired, but I knew I heard him right. Well our church year starts on Easter and that's what he was referring to, but it sure got my attention. After church we came home and finished decorating the house and getting the folding table and chairs up. We had put a duck in the oven and two hams in the roaster before church, so they were cooking nicely. We fixed the other food and my parents came just before noon. My little bro Ed brought his new girlfriend Stephanie to meet us and Paul's uncle Will came over as well. His mom was feeling well enough to eat with us too. It was a little after noon by the time we ate, but it was all good and we really enjoyed some good laughs. After lunch most everyone left, except my parents. Paul went to take a nap. Mom, dad, and I played Rummy and my dad won. I got out the game UNO Attack and taught my parents to play. We all laughed so hard! It took almost 2 hours and I finally won. My dad is a fierce card player. I told him if he won again we were going to play cribbage. I don't like to loose at cards either. At my grandparents we always would have a noon meal, do dishes, grandma would take a nap, and when she got up we played cards till supper. She loved to play cards, but never had anyone to play with except on holidays. So my family plays cards a lot. My parents left about 4:30 to go home, and I was completely exhausted. I didn't sleep in or take any naps the whole weekend, so I was ready to crash. Paul and I layed on the couch and watched the movie Game Plan he got me for Easter. It was really good. Then we ended up watching Big Brother and the Newlyweds. I slept really hard and am still tired today. I have good intentions of making some quilt blocks tonight! It's been far too long since I have been at my sewing machine.

3 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

It sucks when you love to play cars and have no-one to play with.

Glad you had a great Easter.

Hazel said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter and how nice you got to spend it with family .

Kristie said...

Holidays are so great spending them with family!

I really like your feed thing on your sidebar, that is so cute. I may have to get one....
Kristie