Monday, March 24, 2008

Good Friday day off!

I can't believe I've neglected my blog for this long. I guess that's what happens when you have company.
Thursday night I met up my mom and two of her co-workers and we went to supper together. We had a lot of good laughs! They are so much fun to be around. Then we went to The Sewing Center for Sew & Sews Club. I won a door prize of some green thread. I also saw they had the Janome Sewing Table in stock and the Bendable Bright light. They had the BBL on special so I picked one up that night.
Friday I was off work! So I started the day at the Sewing Center and picked up the Janome Sewing Table. I picked up my dad and we were on our way to a day of looking. We went to several home improvement stores and just did some looking and dad gave me ideas of for his birthday. This is only the 2nd time he has been up here this year, so we did any looking he wanted to do. We put on over 50 miles and didn't really go that far! About 4PM he was tuckered out, so I went home and Paul helped me put my table together, set it up and put my BBL on it. Then we met my parents for supper after mom got off work.
Sat. morning I got up and cleaned the house from top to bottom and did laundry. Paul put in hardwood flooring on our landing by the bedrooms which looks really awesome! My dad came out and spent the morning at our house. When I was finished cleaning dad and I went to a couple stores that we missed on Friday. Then we picked up mom when she got off work and went to the mall and Sams Club so my parents could look. We had supper and then they took me home. I know my dad was completely exhausted again from all the walking we did! I didn't get any sewing in, but I'm so excited to have my new table and light ready to use tonight when I get home.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow!! You got it!! You'll have to tell me what you got it for!! I NEED one of those lights. It would be especially helpful for at the frame even though I have one of those goose neck dealys. It would be nice to have that little bit of light coming from the other side.

Have you gotten to sew at it yet??