Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quilt Shop Lunch Stop

In my area there are four specialty quilt/sewing stores within lunch time driving distance. I usually run over to TSC or The Quilt Corral, but today I went to a shop I normally never go to. It's not open after 5, nor is the other one I don't usually go to, so the only time I can go is at lunch. I really wish stores like that would realize that even staying open until 5:30 or 6 people like me would stop by on the way home from work. These two I drive by every day, while TSC and QC are on the other end of town and out of my way home. The shop I went to today has really poor lighting and it's hard to match colors. I needed some thread and wanted to see what they had available. I was hoping for Masterpiece or some of the other Superior threads, but they didn't know anything about them. Interestingly though the other lady there was from WY and she always uses Superior thread. I found a Mettler color that would match exactly and then browsed for a while. I found the Loralie Designs fabric that I really think is cute and got some for a project I have in mind. I also found the new Wizard of Oz fabric. I have a friend who loves WO, so I'm thinking something for her may be in store for the future. They carry different lines there, so it was interesting to see what they now have. I won't be going back there anytime soon, but I'm glad I got the thread I need and now I can start on my project with the new fabrics.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I envy all you girls who have quilt shops in your town. The closest quilt shop to me is about 35 miles. Admittedly, I don't buy a lot from quilt shops, but I might if there were some closer.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Ahhhh...a lunch of browsing a quilt shop...now that sounds like a perfect lunch hour for ya....
I am always intimidated in "quilt shops". I just don't know enough and always feel like I'm asking stupid questions. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me. Just kidding.....LOL
Regina in MI

Regina said...

I am envious - mostly because I carpool with hubby and he keeps the car, so I am "grounded" on campus during my lunch hour. We do have a bookstore (dangerous in its own way) but the fabric store that is just one mile down the road is just too far to walk to during lunch. Aargh - the temptation!!!