Saturday, February 02, 2008

Significant Progress

So far this weekend I have made significant progress on quilt projects I wanted to get done. Paul wasn't feeling well Fri, so we stayed home instead of going out. It gave me the opportunity to put the borders on my YBR quilts. I got two borders on both and they are ready to be quilted. I just need to get the backing fabric and get it sewn together.
This afternoon I took a nap and then took the 10 YBR blocks that were left over and some other purple fabric and made another smaller quilt. It's not quite as big, but for the gift I want to give it will be perfect. I have the backing and batting ready and I think I'm going to baste it next week and practice quilting on it. I made the top in under an hour which I thought was pretty good.
februaryquilts 004
Tonight we went to Menard's and Lowe's. Paul was looking for just the right clamps and router. After we got home he made manicotti for supper and I finished up the Hearts Entwined tabletopper. I think I cut it too close, but it worked out so I think it's okay.
februaryquilts 002

3 comments:

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I love the purple fabric that you used YBR. The table topper is beautiful. I have a couple of valintines projects left to finish for my secret pal. Maybe next year I will be able to make things for myself.

Heather

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Wow that prurple, swirly fabric really makes it POP.

Jen said...

I really want to make one of those heart table toppers. My Mom has that pattern. I can't wait to get those YBR's in my hands, they look soooo awesome!!