Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Back to the Hardanger

I haven't felt like sewing this week, after getting so much done this weekend. I finally decided I needed to do something while I was watching tv. I pulled out my hardanger set on Mon. night and realized I didn't have the Ecru colored thread I needed to use for the pattern I had chosen. So last night I stopped at Ben Franklin for ribbon for the flowers and got the thread I needed.

After supper last night I peeled potatos and made potato soup for the crockpot. Since today is Ash Wednesday and we have church tonight, I wanted something without meat that would be ready when we got home from work so we could have a quick supper. I fixed it all up and then settled down to do my hardanger. Unfortunately there wasn't anything on TV except about the voting stuff. I did get about half of the first row of stitching done.

I am making a candle wrap for our unity candle. The pattern is from Nordic Needle. I picked it up when I ordered thread for Jim and Adele's wall hanging since I thought it was cool. At the time I didn't know when we were getting married, but just knew that we would in the future. I don't think I'll do the mat since no one would see it, but I'm bound and determined to get the wrap done.

Tonight we are going to Ash Wednesday mass and then are meeting with the priest to start part of our marriage prep. Then next weekend the 15-17 we are going to an engaged encounter weekend.

My mom and I are going to my aunts tomorrow night to check out the flowers she has put together and decide if they look okay before she does them all. She has my bouquet done and several of the boutineres and corsages. She's also got one of the bridesmaids done, but she doesn't like it, so wants me to check it out. I'm also hoping to get to Hancock's and get the backing fabric for my quilts so I can get them shipped off to Jen soon.

Paul made reservations for the 14th at our favorite restaurant, the Fireside Inn for my birthday/Valentine's Day. I'm so excited since he usually doesn't make reservations, ever, and usually he just wants to stay home and cook for me since he knows everyone else will be out. I can't wait, it's going to be a long week until my 28th birthday. I know I'm the young one of our group, but I still feel like I'm getting old.

Almost 10 years ago when I was in high school our senior project in Marriage class was to plan our weddings down to the very last detail and create a scrap book detailing our wedding. I still have that scrap book and it's almost ironic that I had planned to wait until 2008 to get married. I figured I needed 4 years to get through college, 2 years to get a career on the ground and find the right guy, 3 years to date, and a year of engagement. I'm pretty close to doing all of those things. I had planned for a Feb. 15th wedding and we're actually getting married June 7th, but I can't believe how close I came.

I get all sappy in February and I love the Valentine's day holiday. I have six valentine's tablerunner's/wall hangings in my office alone. That doesn't count those at home.


5 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow you are so fun...I can't believe you were so close to your actual marriage date from back in HS. How nice that Paul is taking you out for dinner! I hope to do something special for my birthday in March (it's my 40th but shhh don't tell - LOL).

Kristie said...

I don't know how you do it all and work too. I know planning a wedding is a big job, but just take it one day at time so you don't get stessed out.

I can't wait to see your Hardanger! My guild made a hardanger ornament before Christmas, but the weather was bad and I didn't get to go. I really wanted to try it, oh well, maybe someday.
Kristie

Cindy said...

You are one busy lady but it sounds like you have everything under control and on time. Just remember to take sometime for yourself so you don't get burned out.

Michelle said...

Moneik,
You are trying to catch up with Jen, aren't you? Slow down, girl! Take it easy! Have fun at your weekend.
Michelle

Jen said...

I think that is going to look so pretty on your candle. I'm honestly surprised you're not doing a February wedding, that would be so perfect for you. Ohhhhh you know what would look neat under your unity candle? That circular heart table mat that you made!!