Monday, February 03, 2014

January Quilting in Review

January was an amazingly productive month for my quilting adventures! I spent 113 hours quilting and sewing during the month. I completed all my goals and finished a ton of tops. Now it's time to get it all quilted.
I made the mini-professional tote for a sample for a class I am teaching in April.
Untitled
I finished up a table runner of mom's and gave it to Tammy's mom Alice for Christmas.
Untitled
I finished up the tree table runner of mom's and gifted it to my mom's cousin Barbara.
Untitled
I embroidered a blanket for my SIL to be when her aunt passed.
Untitled
I made my aunt Jane an embroidered towel for Christmas.
Untitled
I finished up a free motion quilting sample.
Untitled
I made a bag out of the embroidered piece Tammy made for us for retreat last year.
Untitled
I also made Mathew a taggie blanket.
Untitled
I made him two car seat blankets out of minkee.
Untitled
I finished this Loralie quilt top of moms.
Untitled
I finished this top after teaching the class.
Untitled
I FINISHED the TOP of SWOON!!! This was my AYLF goal for the month and I am so glad to have it done.
Untitled
I finished the poinsettia table topper top after class.
Untitled
I finished the back of mom's Loralie quilt. It's now ready to quilt.
Untitled
I finished the top of Crown Royal, now I just need a backing and I'll be ready to quilt it.
Untitled
I made the Star Burst QAL for my SIL to be in Green Bay colors. It needs something before I finish it though.
Untitled
I made a diaper clutch for my dad and Ann's neighbor. They had a new baby boy.
Untitled
I FINISHED the TOP of my Amish Rubic Star. Now I am going to try to hand quilt it. Wish me luck, I've never done it before.
Untitled
I made this sample for the store.
Untitled
Then I made this sample, both easy and both patterns just $2!
Untitled
I finished the top, quilted, and bound this table topper. I am still working on the hand sewn binding, but it will be done this month.
Untitled
I finished the hand work on this piece and quilted/bound it. It is now my first February finish!
Untitled
I also finished the top of my friendship swap quilt and quilted it on Friday. Now to find some fun binding and get it done.
Untitled
I also made this table runner and quilted it. The binding is now on and I need to hand sew it down now.
Untitled
Mikaela turned 3 and she got a sewing machine, so we've been spending time sewing together.
Untitled
I also got my quilting frame set up at dad's so I am ready to quilt!
Untitled
I look forward to what February will bring. Only 7 weeks of class left and I'll be done with my masters and really have some sewing time!

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Wow! I don't know how you get some much done with working and having two little ones underfoot... and taking classes. Do you ever sleep?
Great job.

Sara said...

You will have earned a big celebration when you finish that degree. They take a lot of hard work and time to earn.

Congratulations on all of the finishes in January! Not sure where the month went!

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Great Jan for you and quilting!! Conrats on getting your masters!! My DIL is working towards hers in Library Science. I think that's what it's called!

The Thompsons said...

Holy cow!! I cannot believe how much you got done last month!! It all looks fantastic, too!