Friday, February 28, 2014

A Year of Lovely Finishes Goal Met!

This month I have been busy. I don't really feel like I've gotten a lot done, but I actually have finished a few small projects.
I met my February Goal for A Year of Lovely Finishes.
I took this table topper from just a top, to a finish to meet my goal.
Untitled
I quilted it on the Bernina 730 with the walking foot using Aurifil white thread.
Untitled
This is the scrappy back from the leftovers.
Untitled

I also finished up the other sample using the same pattern. I'm not crazy about the quilting, but it's done and it will make a nice gift.
Untitled
I finished the hand stitching on my EPP quilt and got the binding on it.
Untitled
I also finished the hand binding on the batik table runner.
Untitled
Mikaela and I had a mommy daughter day and we picked out some flannel for PJ pants for her and I got them serged up and finished.
Untitled
I made this Kona tote as a sample for a class I plan to teach.
Quilt 2014-02-24 003
I finished the binding on my friendship quilt.
Untitled
I also made, quilted, and bound this juggling summer baby quilt. I'm not crazy about it, but it shows the fabric and a kid will love it.
Untitled

February had a few more finishes than I remember and I'm looking forward to what March will bring. I plan to QUILT! I have 6 quilts ready and waiting to be quilted, so I hope to get to my dads and get them done. I have less then 3 weeks of my graduate program done and I am beyond excited!!!
March Goals
Finish Seaside bed runner
Quilt SWOON
Quilt Wyatt's Quilt
Finish Free Motion Sampler

5 comments:

juliehallfeldhaus said...

You always get alot done!!

Sara said...

Bet you are counting the days until that graduate degree is completely finished! Excellent month of accomplishments, as usual. But the EPP project and the friendship quilt are especially pretty.

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

Great job!! Looking forward to March's finishes :)

Deb A said...

I think you have a clone who is in your sewing room working on all these projects for you! It is amazing what you get done with everything else you do.

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow, it is amazing how much you finished! I'm assuming that you slept at least a few hours a day. LOL Congrats on all you accomplished.