Monday, February 24, 2014

Productive Sewing Time & Traveling Stash Box

This week was much better than last week for sewing time. I do not have any finishes, but I got a lot accomplished on a lot of different projects.
I was able to get my center together for the Star Light Star Bright quilt along. I really like how this one is turning out and I'm very happy with my color selections. Hop on over to see all the quilt along instructions at Happy Quilting.
Untitled
I spent one evening last week working on my quilting sampler. It's a lot harder than it looks, but I had a great time and really enjoyed practicing different techniques. I have a Doodle Quilting book I am following for different ideas. These are Swirly C's.
Quilt 2014-02-18 002
Flames
Quilt 2014-02-18 006
Back and forth. This looked a lot different in the book, so it's something to work on.
Quilt 2014-02-18 014
I recently received a travelling stash box, so I was excited to see everything in it. I took a few things out.
Quilt 2014-02-23 002
And found a whole lot of things to put in. It was fun playing. Mathew and Mikaela helped me select what I should keep.  I'll be sending the traveling stash box on to its new home, so if you are interested, please leave a comment and I'll pick a winner at the end of this week.
Quilt 2014-02-23 003

 Stash Box Rules and Regs:

  • Be an active blogger -- post about receiving the box and the giveaway in a timely manner
  • Update the travel log in the box to let others know where the box has been.
  • There is a list of rules and guidelines in the box -- be sure to follow these to keep the box full of quality items and the experience positive for everyone.
  • You may take any items from the box just be sure that you are replacing them with quality and comparable items. 
  • Ship box to the next person timely -- and communicate tracking information with recipient.
  • Shipping is within the US only

Important Things to Remember:

  • Please ensure that items in the box are quality. If items in the box are poor quality they should be removed. Items that are being removed can be offered for optional inclusion to the next recipient. Poor quality items can be discarded but this should be done with digression.
  • Only include items that you would be proud to own -- this is not a dumping ground for outdated or worn items
  • Items should be free of smoke, odors and pet hair
  • You must replace all items that you take with items of equal value and replacing with more than you take is welcome.
This has been a bag week for me. I'm teaching the Barbados bag class and worked on it Friday night at Club Sew. I got just beyond where my students are on it. It's a fun class to teach.
This is a sample for a new class I plan to teach. This is the inside. I did the cotton version since we already have a laminate one at the shop. I figure it will be good for one of the guys in my life.
Quilt 2014-02-23 004
I got this far by last night and just have to put it together with the bias binding on the inside.
Quilt 2014-02-23 007
Mikaela and daddy made me a chocolate strawberry cake for my birthday. She was insistent that she help put the candles in the cake. There weren't nearly enough and she blew them out herself, but it was fun all the same. She's at such a fun age to help with everything.
Untitled

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm interested in the traveling stash, sounds like fun.

I love the candles on the cake - that looks like how my daughter would do it!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Lovely star block!

Sara said...

Your color scheme of yellow and grey really is so pretty and very modern looking.

Love that photo of your little helper putting the candles in your cake. Wonderful memory stored away for you.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I would be interested in the traveling stash box. I like the bag you are making. I was thinking of making a new one for my daughter in law. Maybe that's the one!

Wendy said...

I would love for this box to come for a visit with me...thank you

Sherrill said...

These dang boxes continue to elude me. Hopefully one of these days one will come for a short visit! HA Thanks!!