Friday, January 31, 2014

A Year of Lovely Finishes January Goal Met!



A Lovely Year of Finishes

Tonight as I rush to meet the deadline for A Year of Lovely Finishes January Goal I am thrilled with my accomplishments for January. My goals weren't real lofty, but I completely blew them out of the water! I wrote my goals at the beginning of the month and linked up my desire to get Swoon to a quilt top. They are however too numerous to mention for this late night post. I'm at my dad's preparing to leave at 4AM in the morning to head to Mitchell/Mt. Vernon for my great aunt's funeral. It's going to be a long day, but I want to be with my family. We'll head back asap so I can meet up with my friends for a sewing sleepover.
I went to a quilt retreat with my aunt and friends Nicole and Joyce and one of my finishes was the sashing and borders of Swoon, so my AYLF Goal was met for the month of January!

Untitled
Crown Royal top was another major goal. This quilt has been hanging out since 2010 and I FINALLY got it into a quilt top. If you're interested in the story of the CR quilt and the other SOYO projects click the finally link to see all I was able to accomplish.

Untitled

Another major finish for me happened tonight. I moved my quilt frame to the King size at my dad and Ann's new home. They live about 45 min. from us, so I will be able to come out and quilt and the kids can spend time with Grandpa and Grandma. I put it together on MLK day and then finished it up tonight. I ordered new carriage and track rails and they work amazing. After 226 quilts, they were worn out!

Untitled

Friendship Quilt 2013 was a quick quilt to finish quilting tonight. It is 36" square and I quilted it with white and white. So excited to show it to my friends at the sleepover tomorrow night.

Untitled

Let It Snow Batik table runner was the first "test" project tonight to show Ann how the frame/machine work, but also to make sure everything was working perfect. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I can't wait to see all the "big" quilts I can now finish.

Untitled
So tonight was extremely productive and I am so happy to have the quilt frame set up. I met every single goal I set for January and I'll have to do a longer post later, but I am so pleased with my Swoon top being done that I wanted to make sure to link up. Here's to a very productive February!

4 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Congrats on meeting all your goals! Love your swoon quilt!

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

Safe travels. At least the weather is better this weekend than last weekend! Congrats on your goals. I always enjoy seeing your finishes :)

Jennifer said...

How great to have your frame set up again!

Quilter Kathy said...

A beautiful Swoon... love your border fabric!