Thursday, January 09, 2014

UFO's 6, 7, & 8

I've been working hard getting ready for quilt retreat this weekend and spent quite a bit of time packing last night. I only have 4 bags which just doesn't seem like that much since it includes my machine. Oh well, I'm coming home at night, so I can always grab stuff I forget. The only pressing thing I have left to do is cut the sashing strips for Swoon and I plan to do that at lunch. With all my current projects packed to sew on at retreat and kids who went to bed early last night, I wanted to sew! So I pulled out the taggie blanket I planned to make for Mathew. I got one made and after spending $8 on ribbon I was pretty disappointed. It's green minkee and to get some color I bought 5 spools of ribbon, but it just looks too blaaaaahhhhh to me.
Untitled
I had another piece of green minkee and I pulled out this squares piece of minkee to see what I could come up with. They were the same size! Since they were end of bolt pieces that was pretty amazing. I put them together and cut down the center and made two car seat blankets. Both are about 24"x30". They will work great for leaving in the car so Mathew has something to snuggle with. The original plan was to a 30"x50" back out of the squares and piece a top, but for the use they will get, two smaller ones is probably better. He loves minkee and it helps him to snuggle with it to go to sleep.

Untitled

So I checked 3 more UFO's off my list. These projects are so quick and easy and can be done in a couple hours, yet I let them sit and wait. I'm so happy to have them done and I can now put the other stuff away and have one less UFO project bag.
I'm linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

Needle and Thread Thursday

2 comments:

Adventurous Quilter said...

They look wonderful! Perfect in fact, I am not sure how you achieved that because Minky is really slippery stuff LOL

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

that's awesome that you were able to use your pieces without any waste! I love the snuggly feel of minkee!

Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation