This week I made great strides in getting closer to a few finishes. I took Jennifer's advise and cleaned up my sewing area. I cleaned off the cutting mat/table and ironing board so I can use them. It feels good when I can just sit down and sew. The fabric laying in the middle is already sewn up. I was reading a blog about the small cedar chest boxes or hope chests that many people have. I was given one, so I cleaned it out and started using it for my scissors, so little hands would be less likely to touch them.
This week I met one of my January goals, to put the borders on my Amish Rubic Star. It is now spray basted and ready for my attempt at hand quilting. I'm too scared to start, but at least it is ready.
I also finished the hand work on this EPP table topper. I quilted it last night and put the binding on, so it is almost finished.
Saturday afternoon Mikaela helped me sew and we made this baby quilt. It's from a Wishes charm pack and is called Hide and Seek. It's a sample for the shop.
Saturday night I put together this throw called Honey Bouquet. It is also a sample for the shop.
Last night I sewed this little table topper together, quilted it and put the binding on, so it is ready for some hand stitching.
This is the table topper I finished quilting and put binding on last night. I got it about half sewn down today.
Friday night was Pink at the Rink and also NAU night, so we went to the game as a family. It was a lot of fun and Mikaela loved it, although I think she liked the popcorn more than anything.
Mathew was even sporting pink. I found the pink SDSU shirt Nichole gave Mikaela and it was an 18 month size so he wore it.
Mikaela pulled out her sewing machine and sewed with me on Saturday while everyone else took naps. It is pretty loud, but she had a good time.