Monday, February 25, 2013

Busy February

This has been a busy month, but I feel like I have accomplished a lot. I don't have a lot of finishes yet, but I still have a few more days to finish up some binding on projects.  I spent Saturday of President's Day weekend at the Shrine Club quilt retreat. I layed out the blocks and put together this quilt top for a store challenge we are doing to show the use of color. The picture isn't good, but it's all shades of blue with a fairy frost blue background. It just needs borders and quilting. I hope to get the borders on this week, so I can get it quilted.
Untitled
I also put together this baby quilt top made with scraps. I had intended to make it bigger, but I just wasn't caring for the scraps or the way it was looking, so I decided finished is better than sitting in the UFO box. The other 2.5" strips can go back into the scrap box for another quilt. It would be okay without the black, but that's what I started with.
Untitled
Since it was also my birthday that week, Heather brought a birthday cake for the banquet Sat. night. I just love how it turned out! Her friend did an amazing job making it. I also gave a trunk show of 40+ of my favorite quilts. My dad and Ann came and watched and my dad proudly says "And that's just what she brought, she has a lot more". I only brought large quilts, but I could do a show of just bags I've made too.
Untitled
I've also been hexie making up a storm. I took a little time to work on my Buggy Barn hexies this week. I also made these cute little Hexie needle books using Jen's pattern. I'm really impressed with how they turned out and may make a few more for my quilty friends.
Untitled
I have finished binding on the Briar Rose quilt and the Let it Snow quilt as well. The pillowcase for Let it snow is done as well.
This weekend I quilted 3 quilts for a lady and made 2 small table runners that need to be quilted. Since I finished so much, I also started cutting on a scrappy Swoon quilt from a quilt along. Emilee and I didn't find out about it until recently so we won't finish by the end, but we'll have fun working on them.
I also got my ahhhh's in the mail, so I am looking forward to working on them. I got a few fat quarters to do them in, but need to get them cut and basted before this weekend. I've been recruited to go ice fishing again.
I'll try to get up Mathew's 3 month pictures soon. I can't believe he's so old already!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Great progress made as usual.

A very dear quilting friend of mine just bought a house in Piedmont and will be moving there at the end of June. She told me just the other day about going to a trunk show in Rapid City over President's Day weekend while there working on house purchase. I'll bet it was yours!