Monday, February 04, 2013

Super Bowl Quilting

Yesterday was awesome! I cooked, I cleaned, I shopped, and I quilted! It always feels so good to get so much accomplished. I had prepared 6 quilts for quilting and I got 4 of those done, plus one for Emilee, so I feel great. I love evenings where my family entertains themselves and I can hole up and quilt.
I started by working out the tension issues on this little Beach Balls doll quilt. It's from scraps and will work for something.
Untitled
Then I quilted Emilee's quilt since I had the thread already on there. It turned out beautiful and I love how the white thread just works with it.
Untitled
Then I quilted Briar Rose. This is one of my favorite quilts so far, both in piecing and quilting, although I noticed more issues when I was quilting than I was aware of. I still love how it turned out and I love the jewel toned batik scraps I used.
Untitled
Next it was on to a baby quilt for my cousin's baby due in the next few weeks. I don't think I'll be gifting it any time soon, but wanted to have it done. It's a Frolic charm pack and yardage.
Untitled
Then I quilted the Frolic panel quilt. It's another baby quilt I'll have on hand for gifting. I also loaded the farmyard quilt and hopefully I can quilt it tonight. I didn't get to the flannel pink quilt, but that's okay because I still feel very accomplished. Now to get bindings on all of these!
Frl
It's also time to start preparing for retreat. Only 2 weeks until the Shriner's retreat and I'm doing the trunk show. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Does anyone have any advice? How many quilts? How much info? What do you like to hear? Do I do them in chronological order or easiest to most difficult? Do you like to see the same pattern in different fabrics? Inquiring minds want to know!
I'm also planning a retreat for the first weekend in May and if anyone would like to join me, let me know. It's sure to be tons of fun since I already have 3 friends going with me.

No comments: