Wednesday, April 04, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 14 4/4/12

This week has been very productive and lots of fun. Saturday I got up at 6 to finish sewing the rows together on my Merry Go Round quilt. I had the preview party for our Spring classes at 10 and had to have it done. I finished just in the nick of time to get ready and drive there. I didn't even get a picture of the finished top, but hope to tonight when I'm at the shop for class. Saturday afternoon Jenn and I went on the Northern Hills part of the shop hop. We had a great time and plan to do the rest on Friday. It's always fun to see what other shops have for fabric and notions.
Sunday I spent cleaning up my huge mess in my sewing room so I could get motivated again. I cleaned off everything and pulled the projects highest on the priority list.
Monday I loaded Heather's quilt with all the cancer ribbon colors. It turned out really pretty.
Quilt 2012-04-02 005
The back is just as pretty. I used a variegated thread on top and a cream on the bottom.
Quilt 2012-04-02 010
Tonight I'm teaching a class on how to use the Lazy Angle ruler, so I made up a few samples to show how to make the blocks, cut, and press. I just used scraps from my mom's batiks. I think they were for another project, but I couldn't find the pattern, so I used them in what I hope will be a wall hanging or baby quilt.
Quilt 2012-04-03 001
I made another on out of some of my leftover scraps from the Merry Go Round quilt. I'm really looking forward to this class and hope I have enough samples to show the concept and help everyone understand what they are doing.
Quilt 2012-04-03 002
Then I started working on this sample for the store. It's a bag out of a new Moda line.
Quilt 2012-04-03 008
I got the outer part and the lining done and now just need to make handles and put it together, but I was too tired to do that last night.
Quilt 2012-04-03 009
This is the fabric I quilted up last week for a sketch book cover and to try my stitch regulator out. So far I love the regulator, but it's taking time to learn to quilt without the constant fast speed.
Quilt 2012-04-03 004

New Projects this Week:
2 Lazy Angle quilt samples
Tote Bag for a sample
Quilting for Heather

Finished this week:
Merry Go Round Top

Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them) 
Sketchbook cover - no progress
Swoon - 2 Blocks done

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt 
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt
Confetti Top
Friendship Block Swap Top
Twisted Heart
Merry Go Round

No progress:
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- Together, needs 3 borders
Jim Shore Quilt - None
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing

This week's stats:
Completed projects -0
New projects -3
Currently in progress - 6
Finished this year - 25 , 6 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

wipwednesdaybutton

2 comments:

Mike Pearson said...

I love merry go rounds :) Following you now :)

Kirsten said...

The strippy quilt looks lovely and that bag is going to be fabulous in those fabrics!