Monday, April 02, 2012

Black Hills Shop Hop

On Saturday Jenn and I went on the northern hills part of the Black Hills Shop hop. We had a great time and got to visit 5 of the 12 shops on the hop. I visited 3 others on Friday, so only have the 4 Southern Hills shops to hit next Friday.   Jenn and I were visiting about our lack of sewing due in large part to having messy sewing rooms and not wanting to clean up so we can sew. So last night when I was going to clean it up, I took a couple pictures of my mess!
My ironing board, cutting table, and quilt frame are all covered. All of it is sewing stuff, but just needed to be organized and put away.

Quilt 2012-04-01 001
I have a quilt to quilt for Heather and I couldn't even see the frame, so I started there. It's all clean now, but it was getting late, so I didn't take pictures, but I'll be able to quilt tomorrow night!
Quilt 2012-04-01 002
We found lots of goodies on the shop hop. My goal was to pick up a fat quarter of black/white fabric at each shop, but unfortunately several did not have b/w fabrics, so I got several at some stores and none at others.
Quilt 2012-04-01 003
In Belle Fourche I got 3 fat quarters, a 1/2 yard cut of black/whites. The pink and yellow peeps were too cute to pass up. I think they'll be napkins for Easter this week.
Quilt 2012-04-01 004
The owner alerted me to this cool window decal I just had to have, since Ed got me the Runs with Scissors shirt.
Quilt 2012-04-01 005
I found a couple white with blacks at Quilt Connection in Rapid City.
Quilt 2012-04-01 006
A couple more b/w 1/4 yards at Fabric Junction in Sturgis.
Quilt 2012-04-01 007
In Spearfish at Dakota Quilt Company there is a new owner and there were definitely a few things I wanted to take home, especially with an extra 20% off everything including sale stuff. I found 4 fq's to add to my winding ways collection.
Quilt 2012-04-01 008
I also found this 9.5" square with a broke corner, some Sewline erasers for my pencils, and some new needles to try. The ruler I krazy glued and it's good as new, plus for Creative Grids it was super cheap! It was only about $5 with all the discounts. I've needed to find a new needle since the Richard and Hemming & Sons ones I buy I can't find any more, so I got these Bohin ones to try. They are milliners size 9 and I typically use a milliners size 11.
Quilt 2012-04-01 009
I also went to Thimble Cottage, but didn't find anything that made me buy it. We went to Sewing Center and Fabric City too, but I buy a lot normally, so nothing new this weekend for me.
Preview party was this weekend and it went well. I finished my sample at 9AM and the party was at 10! I got up early to finish the top, as I was having lots of trouble with it. Now it's on to fun gifts for friends and other "fun" sewing and quilting.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love all your b&w cuts.