Monday, April 16, 2012

Festival of Half Square Triangles

The Festival of Half Square Triangle is this week over at Canoe Ridge Creations and I'm always so inspired so I decided to join in on the fun. This wall hanging was made for one of my best quilting friends Jenn. She came into my life when I needed a local quilting friend and we've become very close in the past few years. She also introduced me to Gaila, Emilee, and Shonna who also received these wall hangings. They were Christmas presents for the girls. I love quilting with great friends.
 I made them using leftover Buggy Barn fabrics from a quilt I made several years ago. I machine embroidered the centers with the saying "Good friends are like quilts, They age with you, yet never loose their warmth."  I have been calling this my year of HST's use, since I rarely used them in anything before the past year and I've made 10 projects with HST's so far this year. Quilt 2012-01-29 007
Come see what all the fun is about in the Festival of Hal Square Triangles. 
 
 

2 comments:

Sara said...

Friends that share your passion for quilting. Wonderful gift for them.

Unknown said...

Oh to have a friend who liked quilting and lived near by! Its gorgeous, love the pinks! :)