The month of March has flown by and while I haven't gotten a whole lot done, I have been sewing. I've been doing a lot of baby related stuff and sewn more with the serger than anything else. I made this pillowcase out of some leftover really soft material, it was between fleece and minkee feeling. I just loved it!
Mom had this komfort case kit from Quilt Corral that she had gotten on shop hop last year, so I whipped it up since I had the serger out.
I also made some more burp clothes with the serger. Here are 5, but I probably made another 10 or so the night before and they were in the wash when the picture was taken.
I made a few more receiving blankets. There are at least 2 others I didn't get a picture of because they were washing.
The big project I worked on from the end of Feb, through March is this double irish chain quilt. It's a gift for some very special friends. It holds special meaning to me because it was the quilt top my mom made in her beginning quilt class 6 1/2 years ago when she was taking radiation for her breast cancer the first time. This class was before she started working at TSC and really was where she learned a lot about quilting. She got the top done and chose to do the harder seminole borders for the challenge. It's from Eleanor Burns book. She had it all pinned, except the backing was too small, so it got put in a tote and set away. I told her at Christmas time to get it out and I'd finish it for her. So I brought it home, unpinned it, made the backing bigger, and quilted it. I have the binding on and now just need to finish the hand work on it.
The backing fabric is kind of a marroon purple and I added the flowers to the top and bottom to make it longer.
I used leftovers to make this tablerunner. It's kind of supposed to be the double irish chain pattern.
Since Regina and Jen are going to quilt retreat next weekend, I've decided to join in the fun from a far and quilt with them. I've decided I'd like to make two quilt tops that mom had started at our retreat in Sept. They basically need to be put together, so that's my goal. The first is a Jim Shore quilt made using the BQ2 pattern. All the blocks are done and layed out and just need sewn together.
The other is a breast cancer quilt. The quilt was supposed to look like this, but she read the pattern wrong and little squares blocks are one block too short. We figured out how to resurrect the quilt, so it's layed out and just needs to be sewn together.
If I have time, which probably won't happen, since I have Little Miss to take care of, I'll work on her Loralie quilt. It's made similar to mine, but she had more fabric choices and a different way of putting it together. She has the pieced backing done and the top is just rows that need the sashing between them. I'm probably over ambitious, but it's so rewarding to finish these UFO's.